Every public leader, either, elected, or appointed, etc, must be ready, willing, and able, to, consistently, move – forward, in a realistic, relevant, sustainable way, and, thus, must emphasize, certain, specific areas of our lives, in a well – considered, timely manner, combined with an open – mind! Too often, we witness, partisan politics, a political/ personal agenda, and/ or. self – interest, take precedence, over, doing what’s right, for our nation, citizens, and the rest – of – the – world. With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 specific areas, which must become priorities, and, proactively, addressed.
1. Clean air and water/ environmental protections: Shouldn’t every generation, assume responsibility, for turning – over, to the next one, a planer, with, at the very – least, clean, healthy air, and water, etc? For decades, it seemed, our elected officials, began to take this seriously, and created stricter, smarter, safer standards, to ensure it, such as gas – mileage standards for cars, anti – dumping regulations, and emphasizing protecting our planet. However, we realized, how tentative, this might be, when, a one – term President, could, so, substantially, reverse, decades of progress, in that area! How we proceed, in the next few years, will, most – likely, determine, our planet’s environment, etc!
2. Climate Change is real!: Denying, the reality of Climate Change, does not, magically, make it, disappear! We have witnessed, more, and more intense, storms, heat, weather – conditions, droughts, etc! Almost – all, of the rest – of – the – world, has signed onto, the Paris Accords, and, are proactively, creating common sense, measures, once again, this last American President, took measures, with opposed these realities, etc!
3. Public Health: What could, and should, possibly, be a greater priority, than public health, etc? During this pandemic, we witnessed, a very – vocal minority, who refused to cooperate, wear a mask, take a vaccine, or seem to care about, the health, and well – being, of much of the rest of us! We must do better!
4. Medical care, and prescription drugs: Wouldn’t it make sense, to consider, quality medical care, and affordable, prescription drugs, as a right, rather than a privilege, to those, with higher incomes, etc? Why are our health – care costs, and drug prices, the highest, of any nation, in the rest – of – the – world?
5. Rights, freedoms, justice, fairness: Those, claiming, systemic racism, is a myth, or doesn’t exist, fail to recognize, we don’t provide, the rights, freedoms, and justice – to – all, with the necessary, appropriate, degree of fairness, regardless of one’s race, ethnicity, color of skin, and/ or, ability to afford things!
Unfortunately, the recent, political use, of the slogan, Make America Great Again, neglected to consider, thoroughly, what this should mean, in terms of Constitutional guarantees, and a healthier planet, in all, related area! Wake up, America, and demand better, before, it’s too late!
A Homeowners Requiem
In this heavily laden world of forced foreclosures the state of Florida has the dubious distinction of being the countries leader in the number of foreclosures ever since the Great Recession of 2008. It is most prominent in Hillsbourgh county. In the Tampa, St. Pete area are now being targeted by unscrupulous Lenders, developers, Investors […]