With liberty, and justice, for all. Our nation was founded, on many democratic privileges, which our Founding Fathers, believed, were extremely, significant and necessary, to achieve, the type of nation, they envisioned, and wanted! We have always, been, an imperfect nation, and, when any politician, seeks, to attract supporters, by using, an expression/ slogan, such as, Make America Great Again, it seeks to deny, the basic reality, which indicates, we often, need to make improvements, to ensure, we evolve, as we should/ must! After, over four decades, of involvement, in political campaigns, and observing the political climate/ environment, etc, I fear, instead of making progress, as we did, in the 19th Century (because of the Civil War, and its impacts, etc), as well as the Civil Rights legislation, especially, in the 1960’s, and the so – called, Women’s movement, in the earlier part of the 20th Century, too many people, today, seem to want to bring us, back, to how they perceive, was a better past! If we continue, along, this course, we must, wonder, have we seen the end of American RIGHTS! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, using the mnemonic approach, what this means and represents, and why it matters.
1. Rationale; realistic; relevant; racism: What is the true, rationale, and reasons, for those, who, seem to want to reduce, equality, freedoms, and rights, for some? Is it realistic, or a form of racism? If, we don’t proceed, in a relevant way, as a nation, the level of systemic racism, and, un – equal right, will continue to escalate, and harm, the future, of America, as, many of us, have considered, it!
2. Integrity; imagination; innovate; insights: Only, the American people, can ensure, elected leaders, proceed, with a higher level of genuine integrity, than, we have witnessed, in recent years! We need to elect people, with a well – developed, imagination, who will innovate, for the better, when it is needed, instead of merely, proceeding, with the same – old, same – old! We must demand insights, which are loyal to, greater commitment to equal rights, freedoms, and protections, for – all!
3. Greater good; growth; generate goodwill: Instead, of, treating one segment of our society, differently, than others, we must, attempt to, consistently, emphasize, serving the greater good, in order to generate goodwill, and ensure, the type of growth, we need, and deserve!
4. Humane; healing; head/ heart: Why can’t we emphasize, being, humane, to everyone, and seeking healing, and unifying, instead of polarizing? To do so, means, we must align, the best components, of our logical and emotional aspects, in a head/ heart, balance!
5. Timely; time – tested; trends; true: Instead of denying reality, we will only, remain true, to our ideals, as they evolve, if leaders proceed, in a well – considered, timely manner, and take advantage of time – tested, concepts, and ideals! We need to elect people, who are true to the nation’s ideals and ideology, and commit, to tell the truth!
6. Sustainable; solutions; service; system: We harm our cause, when we elect populist politicians, instead of realistic, focused, relevant, and sustainable ones! We need solutions, instead of empty promises, rhetoric, and vitriol! Service to all, must take the place, of electing those, with personal/ political agendas, and self – interest! Shouldn’t we demand, a clear system, to what is needed, to protect, all our Constitutional guarantees, freedoms, and rights?
Wake up, America, and demand better, before we lose our identity, freedoms, and the RIGHTS, which have made us, stand – out, throughout the world! Will you be a more responsible, voter, and citizen?