Throughout, history, there has always been, either, an actual, perceived, and/ or, potential crisis, which, how it was handled, determined, whether, it became a long – term, obstacle/ problem, or, a challenge, to overcome! When, any public leader, discovers, reason – for – concern, how he responds, and, when, may make a significant difference, in terms of the well – being, of our people, and the nation, as a whole! When, they deny, tell lies, or avoid, proceeding forward, when indicated, in a well – considered, timely manner, everyone loses! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, a 5 – step, logical approach, to addressing these, and what it means and represents, and why, it matters.
1. Don’t panic/ over – react!: Panic, and over – reacting, rarely, helps get the finest results, and/ or, ideas, etc! We need public officials, who, rather, proceed, and face – the – facts, in a realistic way, and proactively, consider, options and alternatives, in order to perceive and conceive of, create, and implement, the most – appropriate, well – considered, strategic and action plans, to resolve issues, and solve challenges, etc! It takes a calm – mind, and a true leader, to handle, and address obstacles, before they become crises!
2. Identify obstacles: How can anyone, make the finest decisions, etc, unless/ until, he clearly, identifies the obstacles, and proceeds, to consider these, as challenges, to overcome, as opposed to perceiving problems? Only, when someone, proceeds, with a positive, can – do, attitude, without wearing, rose – colored, glasses! Unfortunately, some officials, instead of prioritizing, the greater good, emphasize, their personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest!
3. Knowing what the short – term, immediate needs, are: Before, one can make a long – term, difference, for the future, he must know, accept, and recognize/ realize, in – detail, all the relevant facts, and factors, in the immediate – term! Although, it should be common sense, that, the finest way to resolve current issues, is, in a relevant, and sustainable manner, and, a well – considered, timely one, too often, a politician focuses on populist politics, rather than the sound – policies, and ideas, etc!
4. Ramifications into the future: Every action, as well as failure – to – act, in a timely manner, has potential, and actual ramifications, into the future! Unfortunately, too often, in their desire to become popular, and reelected, some elected leaders, either, aren’t ready, willing, and/ or, able, to proceed, wisely, and seeking, viable solutions, options, and alternatives!
5. Prepare by using what should have been learned: True leaders, consistently, learn, from the past, in order to avoid repeating the same mistakes! However, we constantly, observe, the same – old, same – old, ways, rather than, embracing, viable, well – considered, plans, into the future, which focus on addressing and resolving challenges, before they become crises!
Wake up, America, and demand/ seek, better public officials! Are you prepared to focus, more, on ideas, and actions, than empty, populist promises, and rhetoric?
Can Temporary Log Cabin Buildings Address the Urgent Need for Space in Educational Establishments?
Stephen Twigg, the shadow education secretary, called on George Osborne, the chancellor, to address this “urgent crisis” in his budget. He predicts that pupils will have to be taught in temporary buildings because schools will soon run out of space. In an article in The Guardian, Twigg claimed that, over the next few years, the […]