Throughout, history, there has always been, either, an actual, perceived, and/ or, potential crisis, which, how it was handled, determined, whether, it became a long – term, obstacle/ problem, or, a challenge, to overcome! When, any public leader, discovers, reason – for – concern, how he responds, and, when, may make a significant difference, in terms of the well – being, of our people, and the nation, as a whole! When, they deny, tell lies, or avoid, proceeding forward, when indicated, in a well – considered, timely manner, everyone loses! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, a 5 – step, logical approach, to addressing these, and what it means and represents, and why, it matters.
1. Don’t panic/ over – react!: Panic, and over – reacting, rarely, helps get the finest results, and/ or, ideas, etc! We need public officials, who, rather, proceed, and face – the – facts, in a realistic way, and proactively, consider, options and alternatives, in order to perceive and conceive of, create, and implement, the most – appropriate, well – considered, strategic and action plans, to resolve issues, and solve challenges, etc! It takes a calm – mind, and a true leader, to handle, and address obstacles, before they become crises!
2. Identify obstacles: How can anyone, make the finest decisions, etc, unless/ until, he clearly, identifies the obstacles, and proceeds, to consider these, as challenges, to overcome, as opposed to perceiving problems? Only, when someone, proceeds, with a positive, can – do, attitude, without wearing, rose – colored, glasses! Unfortunately, some officials, instead of prioritizing, the greater good, emphasize, their personal/ political agenda, and/ or, self – interest!
3. Knowing what the short – term, immediate needs, are: Before, one can make a long – term, difference, for the future, he must know, accept, and recognize/ realize, in – detail, all the relevant facts, and factors, in the immediate – term! Although, it should be common sense, that, the finest way to resolve current issues, is, in a relevant, and sustainable manner, and, a well – considered, timely one, too often, a politician focuses on populist politics, rather than the sound – policies, and ideas, etc!
4. Ramifications into the future: Every action, as well as failure – to – act, in a timely manner, has potential, and actual ramifications, into the future! Unfortunately, too often, in their desire to become popular, and reelected, some elected leaders, either, aren’t ready, willing, and/ or, able, to proceed, wisely, and seeking, viable solutions, options, and alternatives!
5. Prepare by using what should have been learned: True leaders, consistently, learn, from the past, in order to avoid repeating the same mistakes! However, we constantly, observe, the same – old, same – old, ways, rather than, embracing, viable, well – considered, plans, into the future, which focus on addressing and resolving challenges, before they become crises!
Wake up, America, and demand/ seek, better public officials! Are you prepared to focus, more, on ideas, and actions, than empty, populist promises, and rhetoric?