Why do so many people, continue, listening to, and/ or, believing conspiracy theories, even, after, they have been, consistently, debunked, and disputed, by clear – cut facts, data, and informed – information? Whether it creates, misinformation, regarding, COVID – 19 ( including potential dangers/ risks, calling it a hoax, or the realities regarding the vaccinations, etc), what happened at the U.S. Capitol on January 6th, the results of 2020 Presidential elections, etc, the impacts, often, create a clear, and present danger, harming the process, system, and the sustainable, relevant needs, goals, and priorities, of our citizens, nation, and the world! With, that in mind, this article will attempt to, briefly, consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 dangerous, conspiracy theories (which, continue, to endure).
1. Election was stolen/ Trump won: The facts are, Trump lost the 2020 Presidential election, both, in terms of the popular vote, as well as, in the Electoral College! Our existing system provides a process, to appeal results, and, under several circumstances, demand some sort of recount, etc. The reality is, the Trump campaign, filed, at least 60 law suits, and, every, relevant one, rules against them/ him! He also encouraged recounts, all of which, did not alter/ change results! Don’t be fooled – this was not, one of the closest Presidential elections, and, if we permit, this, to continue, it clearly, threatens the American voting system, etc!
2. Virus a hoax: After more than 600, 000 American deaths, attributed to this horrific pandemic, and several million, positive tests, how dare these people, in any way, minimize the existence, and dangers, we have witnessed, and the unvaccinated, continue to face!
3. Anti – vaccination: We witness far – fetched, claims, of supposed dangers, from getting vaccinated, yet, data and science, indicate, these vaccines, are some of the safest, and most effective, ever! Instead of listening to rumors, false claims, and scare – tactics, start paying attention to the scientists, experts, and actual data!
4. Deep state: Claiming, multiple deep – state theories/ claims, without any evidence, brings people apart, when we need to unify, and seek a meeting – of – the – minds, for the greater good!
5. Make America Great: Trump’s campaign slogan, Make America Great Again, indirectly, states, the nation isn’t! Rather, let’s work together, to make it greater, and more meaningful/ effective!
Conspiracy theories serve little constructive purpose, nor benefit, how we proceed, forward, into the future! Wake up, America, and become, a more responsible, informed, and unifying group, of concerned citizens!