Beware of Climate Change, deniers! Especially, those, who do so, because it’s their personal opinion, political/ personal agenda, and, or, fits into, their self – interest! Although the overwhelming, vast majority of climate/ environmental scientists, not only in the country, but around the world, state the dangers of procrastinating, in paying keen attention, in this area, the current occupant of the White House, Donald Trump, appears to deny its existence. President Trump informed the rest of the world, the United States, will not abide, by the Paris Accords, making us the only major (and most minor) nation, to withdraw from these agreements. He brags about the quality of our nation’s environment, although, in the essential areas of cleaner air, and water, the data indicates, we have taken a big – step, backwards! Simply denying the dangers, won’t make them go away, and, with that in mind, this article will attempt to consider, examine, review, and discuss, 5 essential considerations, in this area.
1. Data/ science: Clean air, and water, aren’t merely, unmeasurable goals, and/ or, priorities, but, rather, are easily measured, especially with today’s technology. The data and the science, clearly indicate, human beings have had a significant impact, on the environment, and the climate. When President Trump, downplays its importance, this is a serious challenge, to a sustainable future, and the well – being of future generations! He enjoys calling it Global Warming, and saying, snow storms, etc, have disproved it, while, in fact, the severity, and extremes, we have been experiencing, should be concerning!
2. Total Costs: President Trump proclaims so – called, green measures, are too costly, and will, harm business! While, he may be somewhat, accurate, in a limited way. in the extremely, short – term, the longer – term ramifications, and total costs, should outweigh these concerns! He continues, apparently, for political reasons, to support the unsustainable coal industry, which has been losing its appeal, and practicality, for decades, and opposing renewable energy sources.
3. Future generations: Shouldn’t protecting the health, and well – being, including air and water quality, of future generations, be a significant, priority?
4. Options; step – by – step: Addressing our future means considering options and alternatives, and acting, in a responsible manner! This will require a step – by – step, process, focused on the best approach, and path, into the future!
5. Risks of procrastination: Every moment wasted, and failing to proceed, with well – considered, focused, action, is dangerous to the future of the world! Don’t let politicians, play politics, and procrastinate!
Ignoring climate change, won’t make it go away! Wake up, America, and demand, political leaders, take well – considered, focused action, now, before it’s too late!
Out of Context?
Many Christians take Scriptures out of context and attempt to build their faith around a false premise. Over the years I have seen so many verses and even sections of the Bible rearranged to build a faith predicated on humanism. When I hear people misquote or twist the intent of the Word, it saddens me. […]